[yocto] linux-yocto-rt and cgroups

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jun 23 12:48:20 PDT 2013

I built core-image-base with Tom Zanussi's Cedartrail BSP for Dylan, which
worked fine. (Thanks, Tom.) Then, I switched over to linux-yocto-rt, and it
still worked fine. Then, I tried to switch to systemd, and it complains
bitterly on startup that there is no cgroup support in the kernel.

I'd like to use an RT kernel, so that I can squeeze out as many notes as
possible (it's a musical instrument) before getting sound driver underruns.
And I'd like to use systemd, so that it boots fast. Do I have to choose one
or the other? Is there some reason cgroups are left out of linux-yocto-rt?
If not, is there an easy way to put it back in, without becoming an expert
in kernel configuration?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com