[yocto] Build doesn't interrupt cleanly

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Jun 19 22:22:55 PDT 2013

Using Yocto master (1dd643b142c69ac9035e29bff11d02201638dc65)

I forcefully interrupted a bitbake build with ^C^C.  When it
shut down, I made some changes to my local.conf and then tried
to fire it up again, only to get this error:
   ERROR: Only one copy of bitbake should be run against a build directory

It looks like bitbake didn't totally get cleaned up in this case.
   $ ps ax | grep bit
   16319 pts/4    S      0:01 python /home/local/poky-multi/bitbake/bin/bitbake-worker decafbad

Killing this left over worker let me continue.

I've never seen this before, so perhaps it's new behaviour.
If it happens again, I'll file a bug.