[yocto] Cedartrail and Dylan?

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 19 16:09:28 PDT 2013

> From: Tom Zanussi
>
> On Tue, 2013-06-18 at 20:50 +0100, Chris Tapp wrote:
> > Hi Tom,

> Danny 8.0.1. Is this
> without lots of

> scratch, in a
> > >>

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I believe the main problem would be the graphics driver -
> it would need
> > > porting to the 3.8 kernel - the rest would probably be
> straightforward.
> > >
> > > The cedartrail BSP was discontinued following danny, but
> I'm cc:ing the
> > > maintainers in case they might have any further input.
> > >
> > > I was thinking of creating a meta-intel/staging area for
> things like
> > > this i.e. discontinued BSPs that people are still using,
> which would
> > > contain best-effort updates but completely without
> promise of any kind
> > > of support.  If there's enough interest, and there seems
> to be judging
> > > from the number of questions about cedartrail we continue to keep
> > > getting, I'll try to find some free time to take a stab
> at moving it to
> > > dylan...
> >
> > I'm certainly interested and happy to help out if I can.
> >
> > I also see that ASRock are now making a board
> (http://www.asrock.com/IPC/overview.asp?Model=DN2800MT) that
> looks exactly the same as the Intel one with the same name
> aimed at signage and thin-client applications, so hardware
> will be about for a good few years yet,
> >

> OK, good to know.  The only Cedar Trail hardware I have
> access to is the
> Acer Aspire One I have here - let me see if I can get
> something going on
> that...

My first attempt to build cedartrail-nopvr finds that meta-intel has an
unmatched mesa_9.1.3.bbappend, but I suppose I can configure it to ignore
that since I'm not building graphics. However, meta-cedartrail contains an
unmatched linux-yocto_3.0.bbappend and linux-yocto-rt_3.0.bbappend. I don't
know how to fix that.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com