[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Wed Jun 19 14:14:53 PDT 2013

Attendees:
David Wolf, Cristiana, Nitin, Richard, Paul, TomZ, BjörnS, Kevin, Ross, MichaelH, MarkH, AlexG, Beth, Song

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.4.1 status (Paul)
  - It's still in QA. Eclipse plug in issue, error message in Bluetooth. Will know more.
  - RP: it's looking good so far.
  - Paul: Will send the feature/know issue list after QA report.
* Yocto 1.5 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.5_Status
  - Open bug: 299. Same as last week. Bug fixing last week: 12. WDD chart little changed from last week. Ask the team to put more effort into bug fixing. We still have a lot of bugs to fix. Let's bring the WDD number down.
  - 1.4.1 and weekly build: If 1.4.1 QA report is good. Let's start weekly build and testing
  - kernel is breaking on gcc 4.8. Bug #4549. Bruce on it.
  - Beth: M1, releasing this morning.

* SWAT team rotation: Andrei Dinu -> Cristiana Voicu
* Opens - 10 min
  - RP: being away. Mentioned in the email a little bit. Beginning of July for 6 weeks. Will be spending some time handling pull request. Saul will merge and propose. RP will then pull. Won't be in meetings.
  - Bitbake changes: minimum version increment. Improve support for external build tools and tarball. Any issues, please do let me know.
  - QA plan headsup. Will be reviewing 1.5 QA plan in the next week or so.
* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - MarkH: Had a meeting. Coming up with a mechanism to introduce SPDX license validation. It's prototype only now. Making progress. If you need information, let me/Beth know.
  - Bjorn: coming weeks will be focusing on upstreaming ptest change. Patches will be coming from several people. Ptest in autobuilder, post some comments in the bug testing, how to do this in a more standard way? We have done a lot ourselves. Would like to collaborate. Paul/RP: it's in bug# 4114. YP team is working on QA automation in steps, when we get to this point, we will schedule a meeting with Bjorn. Bjorn: There is no rush, whenever you are ready.
  - RP: looking at QA auto test infrastructure. Shell script is limiting. Getting architecture in place, We will be definitely getting the ptest in QA.
  - Ramana: working on offline configuration format. Fixed some bugs. In bugzilla, would like feedback. Have something working now. Will be sending the patches soon.
  - DavidW: user experience is good for Yocto. Made a build yesterday. Went really smoothly. Lots of the rough edges have been fixed.
  - MichaelH: Bitbacke requiring 2.7.3. It's setup in AB. Saul and I have worked that out. Layer index server is using bitbake too, will upgrade Python on that server. The SDK python does not seem to be a complete python. May need pull in some modules. May just need to fix the SDK tarball. Paul will fire a bug and working on it.