[yocto] Yocto root permission issue

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Wed Jun 19 03:05:30 PDT 2013

On 19 June 2013 10:51, Rohit2 Jindal <rohit2.jindal at aricent.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing issue in building sysconfig. Actually i want to compile everything with root permissions in yocto. Is there anything that supports it.
>
> Eg say i have binary called build-ucore with root permission but i am not able to execute this binary using default yocto permissions in do_compile or do_configure
> Can i change yocto default permission or run yocto with SU permissions .

What does your binary need root permissions for? The yocto build steps
are executed under pseudo which basically means they're pretending to
be root. Are you sure you need root permissions on the host (not the
target filesystem) to run your binary?

> Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
> for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.

May be worth noting that yocto at yoctoproject.org is a public mailing
list with a public archive.

--
Paul Barker