[yocto] Cedartrail and Dylan?

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Tue Jun 18 12:50:15 PDT 2013

Hi Tom,

On 18 Jun 2013, at 15:04, Tom Zanussi wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-06-17 at 16:56 -0700, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
>> I've been using the Intel meta-cedartrail layer with Danny 8.0.1. Is this
>> layer likely to be unusable with Dylan 9.0? Or unusable without lots of
>> tinkering that's probably beyond my abilities?
>>
>> And if I were to try Dylan, is it best to start from scratch, in a
>> completely new directory?
>>

> Hi,
>
> I believe the main problem would be the graphics driver - it would need
> porting to the 3.8 kernel - the rest would probably be straightforward.
>
> The cedartrail BSP was discontinued following danny, but I'm cc:ing the
> maintainers in case they might have any further input.
>
> I was thinking of creating a meta-intel/staging area for things like
> this i.e. discontinued BSPs that people are still using, which would
> contain best-effort updates but completely without promise of any kind
> of support.  If there's enough interest, and there seems to be judging
> from the number of questions about cedartrail we continue to keep
> getting, I'll try to find some free time to take a stab at moving it to
> dylan...

I'm certainly interested and happy to help out if I can.

I also see that ASRock are now making a board (http://www.asrock.com/IPC/overview.asp?Model=DN2800MT) that looks exactly the same as the Intel one with the same name aimed at signage and thin-client applications, so hardware will be about for a good few years yet,