[yocto] Danny/Cedartrail psplash not showing

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Sun Jun 16 14:51:59 PDT 2013

I've got a custom Cedartrail image which works great, but I can't get the psplash screen to show on boot.

I see a message like "cannot mmap framebuffer" scroll up the screen, but this isn't in the message log so I don't get the full context.

I've tried looking at the code for pspash-fb.c, but there aren't a lot of clues (for me!). Is this something to do with the pixel format, as hinted at by the comment referring to 'line_length'?

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com