[yocto] How to deal with non-standard license.

Diego diego.ml at zoho.com
Wed Jun 12 09:41:06 PDT 2013

In data martedì 11 giugno 2013 15:10:42, Flanagan, Elizabeth ha scritto:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 5:28 AM, Diego <diego.ml at zoho.com> wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I have written a recipe which I'd like to contribute for glmark2:
> > https://launchpad.net/glmark2
> >
> > The last thing that puzzles me before submitting it is that it's partly
> > GPL3+, and partly under this license:
> > https://github.com/rafalmiel/glmark2-wl/blob/master/COPYING.SGI
> > which is not in this list:
> > https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/License_Infrastructure_Interest_Group#L
> > icenses Is there any way to deal with that license? What should I put in
> > the LICENSE field in my recipe?
>
> So, you will need to add a custom license or submit a patch OE-Core to
> add that license. Where are you contributing this to?
>
> If it's to a layer, you'll want to add the license to a custom license
> path. You'll want that file to be unique and descriptive. Please make
> sure the license filename has a version in the file name. eg SGI-1.
> Within the layer you'll make a directory (in this example I use
> custom-licenses), add the license text to a file named SGI-1, then add
> this to your layer.conf:
>
> LICENSE_PATH += "${LAYERDIR}/custom-licenses"
> SPDXLICENSEMAP[SGIv1] = "SGI-1"
>
> That should get you what you want.

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm trying to integrate glmark2 into openembedded (meta-oe layer). I know this
is not the right mailing list for that task, but I'm still on the license
problem.

I've tried to do as you suggested, but I'm getting:
WARNING: glmark2: No generic license file exists for: SGI-1 in any provider
Paul suggested:
LICENSE = "GPLv3+ & SGI-1"
I've tried also:
LICENSE = "GPLv3+ & SGIv1"
but I'm still getting the same error message (obviously with "SGIv1" instead).

I'm attaching the full patch for you to review if I'm doing something wrong.

Thank you for any hint you might give me,
Diego