[yocto] Recompile the recipe everytime

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Wed Jun 12 07:30:10 PDT 2013

On 12 June 2013 14:15, Rohit2 Jindal <rohit2.jindal at aricent.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Please help me out I am stuck in some issue, actually I want my recipe to do compilation everytime on every run of
>
> Bitbake linux-yocto

I'm currently tweaking the kernel myself and using "bitbake
linux-yocto -c compile -f" each time. That's recommended by
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html as
it avoids re-doing the packaging every time you just want to check if
something compiles. You may also need to do "bitbake linux-yocto -c
compile_kernelmodules -f" to rebuild modules. It's the "-f" that
causes the task to be forced.

Is this any help? It doesn't solve exactly the question you asked but
might be what you need.

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk