[yocto] Custom kernel in Yocto/dylan branch.

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Wed Jun 12 05:49:58 PDT 2013

On 13-06-12 08:37 AM, Javi Roman wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Finally I've had to change the meta/classes/kernel.bbclass in order to
> fix the copy of defconfig to .config:
>
> -  if [ -f "${WORKDIR}/defconfig" ] && [ ! -f "${B}/.config" ]; then
> + if [ -f "${WORKDIR}/defconfig" ]; then
>                  cp "${WORKDIR}/defconfig" "${B}/.config"
> fi

Right. That check is what prevents the fallback defconfig processing
from clobbering the .config which is generated by a linux-yocto* based
kernel configuration task (which gives you defconfig + fragments).

The point is that in the linux-yocto "configme" task essentially the
same thing that happens. The defconfig is fed into the configuration
as the baseline config, applied after a "allnoconfig" and then has
any fragments layered on top.

Which again leads me to my question about what exactly you were
seeing before that change in the linux build directory as the .config ?

Cheers,

Bruce