[yocto] How to deal with non-standard license.

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jun 11 16:58:23 PDT 2013

Hi Diego,

On Tuesday 11 June 2013 14:28:09 Diego wrote:
> I have written a recipe which I'd like to contribute for glmark2:
> https://launchpad.net/glmark2
>
> The last thing that puzzles me before submitting it is that it's partly
> GPL3+, and partly under this license:
> https://github.com/rafalmiel/glmark2-wl/blob/master/COPYING.SGI
> which is not in this list:
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/License_Infrastructure_Interest_Group#Lic
> enses Is there any way to deal with that license? What should I put in the
> LICENSE field in my recipe?

Beth has covered the part about adding the license text, the only remaining
piece is how you should set LICENSE within your recipe; assuming you would
call this SGI license SGI-1 based on what you said above you would set LICENSE
as follows:

LICENSE = "GPLv3+ & SGI-1"

("&" means different licences apply to different parts of the software).

Note also that the LIC_FILES_CHKSUM variable should be set to point to both
COPYING and COPYING.SGI.

Cheers,
Paul

--