[yocto] Application Development

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 04:28:02 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM, DAMARLA Satya Swaroop
<satyaswaroop.damarla at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed "dev-pkgs" in EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES ... and then build the
> toolchain, it was successfull....

That should already be provided by image.bbclass?
Checking the file packagegroup-cross-canadian.bbclass i found this

# For backwards compatibility after rename
RPROVIDES_${PN} = "task-cross-canadian-${TRANSLATED_TARGET_ARCH}"

RDEPENDS_${PN} = "\
    binutils-cross-canadian-${TRANSLATED_TARGET_ARCH} \
    gdb-cross-canadian-${TRANSLATED_TARGET_ARCH} \
    gcc-cross-canadian-${TRANSLATED_TARGET_ARCH} \
    meta-environment-${TRANSLATED_TARGET_ARCH} \
    "

So, now I understand were the dependency to meta-environment-arm came
from. But how to resolve it?
Am I missing some package(s) in my environment? What *should* provide
meta-environment-arm?
All I can find under Poky is meta-environment.bb.

Hans