[yocto] Application Development

DAMARLA Satya Swaroop satyaswaroop.damarla at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 02:48:01 PDT 2013

Hi Jessica & Philip,

I have an issue... This is such a long error ... I even did a fresh build
by deleting the "tmp" directory. The image build went very well but the
toolchain is always giving me a error...

*| Selecting previously unselected package xz-dev.*
*| Unpacking xz-dev (from .../xz-dev_5.1.2alpha-r0_armel.deb) ...*
*| The following package disappeared from your system as*
*| all files have been overwritten by other packages:*
*|   avahi*
*| log_check: Using
/home/damarla/yocto/poky/buildSkidataHarmony/tmp/work/skidata_harmony-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-skidata/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sdk.4066
as logfile*
*| Logfile is clean*
*| Installing NATIVESDK packages*
*| Ign file: ./ InRelease*
*| Ign file: ./ InRelease*
*| Ign file: ./ Release.gpg*
*| Ign file: ./ Release.gpg*
*| Get:1 file: ./ Release [24 B]*
*| Get:2 file: ./ Release [11 B]*
*| Ign file: ./ Translation-en*
*| Ign file: ./ Translation-en*
*| Reading package lists...*
*| W: Ignoring Provides line with DepCompareOp for package
nativesdk-pkgconfig__pkg-config__*
*| W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems*
*| Reading package lists...*
*| Building dependency tree...*
*| Reading state information...*
*| Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have*
*| requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable*
*| distribution that some required packages have not yet been created*
*| or been moved out of Incoming.*
*| The following information may help to resolve the situation:*
*| *
*| The following packages have unmet dependencies:*
*|  packagegroup-cross-canadian-arm : Depends: gdb-cross-canadian-arm but
it is not installable*
*|                                    Depends: gcc-cross-canadian-arm but
it is not installable*
*|                                    Depends: meta-environment-arm but it
is not installable*
*|                                    Depends: binutils-cross-canadian-arm
but it is not installable*
*| W: Ignoring Provides line with DepCompareOp for package
nativesdk-pkgconfig__pkg-config__*
*| W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems*
*| E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.*
*| DEBUG: Python function do_populate_sdk finished*
*| ERROR: Function failed: populate_sdk_image (see
/home/damarla/yocto/poky/buildSkidataHarmony/tmp/work/skidata_harmony-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-skidata/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sdk.4066
for further information)*
*ERROR: Task 10 (/home/damarla/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/images/
core-image-skidata.bb, do_populate_sdk) failed with exit code '1'*
*NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5020 tasks of which 4939 didn't need to be
rerun and 1 failed.*
*
*

I am not able to install those packages as they say there are no
installation candidate for them...