[yocto] [RFC] Change in milestone branching.

Flanagan, Elizabeth elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Tue Jun 4 17:26:46 PDT 2013

All.

Now that the autobuilder is able to do mix and match branching
(everything doesn't need to be the same), does anyone foresee any
issues with doing away with future poky milestone branches and just
utilize tags? This should make maintainers jobs a bit easier in that
they now do not need to maintain/stabilize multiple branches and it
should help a bit with master stability. We will of course continue to
do the final release branch but would no longer need the 1.5_M1
branches.

Objections? Thoughts? My plan is that if maintainers would like to see
this, to do it for the 1.5 M1 milestone.

-b

--
Elizabeth Flanagan
Yocto Project