[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, June 04, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Jun 4 10:44:36 PDT 2013

Attendees:
MichaelH, Saul, MarkH, Jessica, TomZ, Beth, KevinS, PaulE, RichardP, BjörnS, Corneliu, Denys, LaurentiuP, Belen, Ramana, Nitin, Darren, AnnM, Song

Minutes:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.4.1 status - 10 min (Paul)
 - One build started last night, came up with 1 failure. We need to fix it and rebuild.
 - Will kick off another build after 1.5 M1 RC1.
 - Schedule: https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=3a0927ctps51u8rs2jv1uligdc%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles
* Yocto 1.5 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.5_Status
  - Bug fixing: 293 open bugs, we may expect more bugs since QA will start M1 RC testing.
  - AB/build (Beth): Working on some issues: minnow hanging, some freescale issues. 1.5 M1 RC1 is on track.
  - RP: Trying to get complier update (4.8) into M1. Have kernel hang, not making M1. Need to get it in M2. Mark: ppc e500 is failing, overall it is working well. Bruce will be back this week, we need to solve the arm kernel hang issue. Saul/mark: will sync on grub building issue with multi-lib enabled.
 - Saul: pulling things into M2 later this week, pending patches will be on hold until M1 is built.

* SWAT team rotation: Bogdan Marinescu -> Cristian Iorga  (Song to follow up)
* Opens - 10 min
* Team Sharing - 20 min
 - Saul: last week in Japan Linuxcon, did a couple of presentations about YP. They are definitely interested. Hard to see how much uptake there is due to language barrier, etc. Would like to touch base with Bjorn on ptest. After the meeting.
 - Bjorn: preparing a release. Ptest is on hold, hope to get back on this shortly. Will send update on what packages being worked on.
  RP: bitbake work, mqueue, worker process, it turned out to be challenging. There are some patches available if anyone is interested.