[yocto] opkg list-installed is empty

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jun 3 05:10:47 PDT 2013

Hi Seth,

On Monday 03 June 2013 06:49:06 Seth Bollinger wrote:
> I'm having a problem with opkg.  When I run the image I've built with the
> package-management feature and PACKAGE_CLASS equal to package_ipk, the
> image has no installed packages.  They're obviously installed, because it's
> running but "opkg list-installed" is empty.  I was expecting a large list
> of installed packages.  I don't see anything I would expect to see in
> /var/lib/opkg.  I must be missing something fundamental, but after
> reviewing the documentation and code, I'm coming up empty.  Please
> enlighten me!

If /var/lib/opkg is empty in your image, it can only be because its contents
have been deleted; and that could be either because the value of
IMAGE_FEATURES doesn't end up containing package-management, or alternatively
remove_packaging_data_files is being added manually to
ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND (as core-image-minimal does). I'd suggest using
bitbake -e your-image | less and looking at the values of IMAGE_FEATURES and
ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND to see what's really going on.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton