[yocto] Building linux-yocto kernel in own bsp layer

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 01:57:29 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Martin Ertsaas <martiert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm creating my own bsp layer for omap4 chips (Yes, I know of meta-ti,
> but I want to learn how to do this myself :)). I'm trying to use the
> linux-yocto 3.4 kernel,
> and have gotten it to work locally. I then made a
> linux-yocto_3.4.bbappend which contains the following:
>
> COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_pandaboard = "pandaboard"
>
> SRCREV_machine_pandaboard ?= "7eb5fbf903d9db90c3cf371b65e1f2a68d5676d7"
>
> THISDIR := "${@os.path.dirname(bb.data.getVar('FILE', d, True))}"
> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}-3.4"

Martin,

the code in kernel.bbclass does already copy defonfig to .config, see
http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/tree/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass#n216

I think your problem is the deconfig is not found,  you miss a colon at the end.
Use something like

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend :=
"${THISDIR}/${PN}-3.4:${THISDIR}/${PN}:${THISDIR}/files:"

Cheers

Andrea