[yocto] denzil to dylan, netbase recipe broken?

r10kindsofpeople r10kindsofpeople at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 08:15:26 PDT 2013

Hello!

Under Denzil 7.0.1, I had a recipe
mylayer/recipes-core/netbase/netbase_4.47.bbappend that contained:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"

SRC_URI += " file://interfaces \
            "
To put my own interface file in the root file system from
mylayer/recipes-core/netbase/netbase/interfaces

Under Dylan 9.0.1, I tried the same technique, except renaming to
netbase_5.0.bbappend, but I don't get my copy of interfaces, I get some
default.

I've hacked at the recipe a bit, trying to add a do_install step (based on
the recipe in meta), and know at least that the recipe is getting parsed,
because of the errors I created.  I was able to clear up the errors, but
still don't get my copy.  Right now, the recipe reads:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"

SRC_URI_prepend = " file://interfaces \
            "

do_install_append () {
install -d ${D}/${sysconfdir}/network
install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/interfaces ${D}${sysconfdir}/network/interfaces
}

PRINC := "${@int(PRINC) + 1}"

Can anyone help me understand why the old recipe no longer works, and what
needs to be done to remedy?

The basic BSP is crownbay, if that's important.

John