[yocto] bitbake -c populate_sdk -v poky-image

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 30 03:48:35 PDT 2013

On Tuesday 30 July 2013 14:35:40 Navani Srivastava wrote:
> > I think the problem is this:
> > require recipes-core/meta/meta-toolchain.bb
>
> Yes, it worked.. Thanks
>
> > You shouldn't be adding this to an image recipe, and definitely not poky-
> > image.bbclass.
> then? Is it possible to create .bbappend kind of file for .bbclass which
> can append the information or I have to duplicate toolchain-script.bbclass
> in my layer?

Sure, you can add the script append and the additional TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK
items in an additional bbclass in your layer and then inherit that in your
image recipe; just don't require meta-toolchain.bb because that has other
side-effects.

> >>What version of the build system are you using?
>
> I am using poky danny (8.0.2)

OK, in that case why are you using poky-image.bbclass? That was replaced by
core-image.bbclass in the edison release if I recall correctly, which was
quite a while ago.

Cheers,
Paul

--