[yocto] eglibc and Oracle embedded JRE compatibility

James Nuss jamesnuss at nanometrics.ca
Mon Jul 29 11:20:54 PDT 2013

Does anybody know if eglibc is supported as a libc implementation for
Oracle's embedded JRE?
Since Yocto only supports eglibc rather than GNU glibc [1], I'd like to
know if there are any issues running Oracle's embedded JRE on a Yocto build.

I can see that the meta-oracle-java [2] layer provides a recipe to install
the i586 and x64 JRE binaries so this is a good sign that it is at least
supported on those archs.
However I would like to know if it will work specifically on ARM arch.

[1]
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#usingpoky-components-bitbake
[2] git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-oracle-java

Regards.
James