[yocto] It's a [PERL] lie...

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Jul 26 09:07:06 PDT 2013

On 2013-07-26 09:54, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 26 July 2013 16:49, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
>>   It turns out that PERL is the only package
>> that cares about this DISTRO_FEATURE and it builds incorrectly
>> if it's left out :-(  Adding this feature back into my settings
>> made PERL build properly and now Amanda runs as well.
>
> According to grep it's perl, cmake and libarchive that respect the
> largefile feature.

Indeed, I missed them in my zeal :-(  I new I was looking for something
that affected my problem, and perl was the key (I'm not using either
of the other packages)

> If perl is known to break without largefile it's simple enough to make
> it error when building if the feature isn't enabled, but to be honest
> should we just remove this feature as it's so infrequently used?

I'd vote for at least fixing the perl recipe.  The problem is insidious;
it only fails at runtime and then in mysterious ways...  It also fails
on every architecture I tried (x86, ARM, PPC)