[yocto] External toolchain (sourcery)

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Jul 24 13:59:58 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Brian Hutchinson <b.hutchman at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
>
>> is this officially supported by the Yocto project? I would not like to
>> use Yocto for my own purposes if it is something unsupported, and I would
>> need to put a significant investment into to it to make the releases
>> buildable, et cetera.

I'm not certain as to the official Yocto support stance on
external-sourcery as it exists in or-core at this time, but if you do want
to use the Sourcery G++ toolchain rather than one of the alternatives
suggested by others in this thread, you can use the meta-sourcery layer,
which while it isn't officially supported by Yocto, is officially supported
by Mentor Graphics, the company which provides the aforementioned toolchain.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com