[yocto] Should I be worried about this nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host warning while building meta-toolchain

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 23 10:35:51 PDT 2013

On Tuesday 23 July 2013 13:23:46 Brian Hutchinson wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Paul Eggleton <
> paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > Hi Brian,
> >
> > Did you perhaps build meta-toolchain and then change MACHINE and build it
> > again? What happened prior to this build?
> >

> > I ran bitbake meta-toolchain and when that was complete I edited my
>
> local.conf and uncommented the following line so I would get a 32 bit
> toolchain:
> SDKMACHINE ?= "i686"
>
> ... and then I ran bitbake meta-toolchain again and that is when the
> messages appeared that I copied in the OP.

OK, so I can see what's happening here. The package name does not change
depending on what SDKMACHINE is set to and thus it sees two "different" writes
to the same file.

I'd need to verify in the case of where you switched back and rebuilt meta-
toolchain again for x86-64, but I think in this instance you'll find that it
isn't a problem since it should build (or restore from shared state) the
appropriate version of  nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton