[yocto] [RFC] Binary Configuration support design

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 22 17:02:35 PDT 2013

On 07/18/2013 06:57 AM, Venkata ramana gollamudi wrote:
> Hi,
>      I have intiated few discussions earlier to support binary configuration tool,
>     which allows configuration of post built binaries to generate custom image, without a need to rebuild from source.

Ramana:

I am starting to review this, please be aware that RP is away for a few
more weeks so he might review it until he returns.

>      It is being tracked under bug 3252.
>      Design to realize the same is updated in wiki. https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Binary_configuration_support
>      Please go through it and provide comments, so that I can proceed to submit patches.

There has already been one pull request that is pending currently (in
the Consolidated Pull) for added users via a config option, please take
a look at the extrausers, it's different than what you have started to
go with.

We should sync up on this and ensure all needs are met without creating
conflicting interfaces.

Sau!