[yocto] How to get released BSP that contains meta-intel ?

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Thu Jul 18 08:01:07 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Thu, 2013-07-18 at 10:21 -0400, r10kindsofpeople wrote:
> I've been working with denzil, but decided to try and upgrade to
> dylan...
>

> Downloading and installing poky-dylan-9.0.1.tar.bz2 went fine.
> Finding and downloading meta-crownbay-dylan-9.0.0.tar.bz2 was easy
> enough.
>

> But neither of these give me meta-intel.

Actually, what's in the meta-crownbay-dylan tarball is meta-intel, with
just the meta-crownbay BSP included.  But it looks like there's a
problem with the naming of the top-level directory in the tarball:

$ ls meta-crownbay
binary  common  conf  MAINTAINERS  meta-crownbay  meta-tlk  README

whereas after untarring, I should have been able to do:

$ ls meta-intel
binary  common  conf  MAINTAINERS  meta-crownbay  meta-tlk  README

Beth or Nitin, can you please fix the tarballs so that the top-level
directory isn't the meta-BSPname but meta-intel (like they are for the
previous releases).

> So the central question is: how do I find and download a released
> package that contains meta-intel that's required by meta-crownbay?  A

If you just rename the top-level directory to meta-intel rather than
meta-crownbay, things should be fine..

>  second question is whether I'd have had problems anyway, given that
> dylan is 9.0.1 and the BSP is 9.0.0.

No, you shouldn't have problems - a given BSP should be good for the
same major release and all its point releases...

Thanks,

Tom