[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Network not working after first boot success

Rich Bayliss richbayliss at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 03:55:26 PDT 2013

On 18 July 2013 09:01, Andrei Gherzan <andrei at gherzan.ro> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Rich Bayliss <richbayliss at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I am building rpi-basic-image and I get a successful build and
>> first-run. My Pi gets an address over DHCP and I can login over SSH.
>>
>> However, if I pull the power/reboot - then on the next start-up my
>> network stays down. On the local console, if I issue "ifup eth0" I am
>> told the interface is already up, while "ifconfig" show no interfaces,
>> not even "lo". If I do and "ifdown eth0" followed by an "ifup eth0"
>> then my DHCP kicks in and everything is back to normal... until the
>> next reboot.
>>
>> Is this a known issue? Does anyone have any ideas?
>>

> Never seen this but will try to reproduce it.
> Will provide feedback.
>
> Andrei

Thanks Andrei, I would appreciate that.

For reference, I have downloaded the latest Raspbian image and I have
no such issue - so I would consider this as ruling out a hardware
issue.

Also, I have noticed the Ethernet activity LEDs go off and on, during
boot, when the interface is started correctly. When I have the issue,
they come on initially but never go off/on again. Maybe an
initialization error?

--
Rich Bayliss