[yocto] Qt4.8 - qt4-x11-free does not compile if host has qt-mobility installed

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Wed Jul 17 03:17:19 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have found that qt4 does not compile clean if the host PC (in my case
a Ubuntu 12.04) has the library libQtSensors installed (package
qtmobility-dev).

The issue is related to the package qt4-x11-free
(qt4-x11-free-4.8.4-r50.3), and it is related to QtWebkit.

For some reasons I have not yet understood, local paths /usr/include and
/usr/lib are passed to the crosscompiler when the host library is
installed (I am crosscompiling for ARM), and of course, at the end the
linker fails when it tries to link the x86 library.

Removing the package qtmobility-dev from the host solves without fixing
the issue.

Any hints to solve this ?

Best regards,
Stefano Babic