[yocto] Yocto + meta-networking

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 14:06:46 PDT 2013

Hi,

What is the "right" way of adding the meta-networking to Yocto?  I'm
obviously not doing something right.

At the poky directory level, I cloned meta-openembedded.  I then tried to
go to my build's local.conf and adding meta-networking and meta-oe layers
and I'm getting a dependency message when I try to bitbake net-snmp that
says:

ERROR: Layer dependency core of layer networking not found

This makes me think that meta-openembedded is wanting openembedded-core but
I've never tried to use that with Yocto before so I thought I better ask
before I totally mess up my build environment.

I have a rootfilesystem build based on Denzil and I need net-snmp and the
meta-networking Denzil branch is pretty much empty so I cloned master in
order to get net-snmp so I don't know if mixing branches could be my
problem (don't know how much that matters but I usually try to use the same
release branch of various components).

I've looked for examples of this kind of setup but haven't found much.

Regards,

Brian