[yocto] Regarding offline build

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Jul 16 06:40:34 PDT 2013

On 16 July 2013 12:21, Amit Kumar <Amit.Kumar at lntinfotech.com> wrote:
>             I have quarry regarding the Yocto Project build offline.
>
> Is that possible to build the Yocto Project with internet access?
>
> I have download the poky-<latest>.tar.bz2, now I wants to build it
> independently without having internet connection.
>
> Do I need to download any other packages also to build it offline?

If you know what you want to build (i.e. core-image-sato), then
telling bitbake to fetch the sources when you do have a connection
should be mostly sufficient:

$ bitbake core-image-sato -c fetchall

This will download all the sources and put them in the downloads
directory that you've configured in local.conf.

Ross