[yocto] CONFIG_HID_APPLE

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Mon Jul 15 05:18:06 PDT 2013

On 13-07-15 4:46 AM, Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 13 July 2013 03:30, Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Chris Tapp <opensource at keylevel.com> wrote:
>>> Can CONFIG_HID_APPLE=m please be added to the kernel defconfigs? Apple keyboards don't work without it.
>>
>> That's not something that most boards need. So it belongs in a feature
>> fragment that can
>> be activated via a custom layer (KERNEL_FEATURES), or the entire
>> fragment can exist in
>> recipe space (via a bbappend).
>
> Though arguably it should be enabled for the generic x86 configuration.

We don't really want to do "kitchen sink" configurations. That's what
the fragments and KERNEL_FEATURES are for.

Let's just say that as many people don't have apply keyboard lying around,
as do. And if you were doing an x86 apple platform BSP, you'd add the
config at the board level, where it belongs.

Cheers,

Bruce