[yocto] Documenting YP Development Environment in more detail - user configuration

Stewart, David C david.c.stewart at intel.com
Tue Jul 9 06:51:06 PDT 2013

On 7/8/13 10:54 PM, "Rifenbark, Scott M" <scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com>
wrote:

>Here is a link to draft section on the user configuration block of the YP
>Development Environment work.  Check this out and provide feedback for
>appropriate level of detail, usefulness, missing info, ect.  This draft
>section, once we settle on it, will set the tone and level for the
>remaining detailed sections that make up the general environment diagram.
>

>http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.5/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#a-closer-l
>ook-at-the-yocto-project-development-environment

I think it will look really good.

Would it make sense to adopt some kind of notation for when a directory is
a "source" vs "destination" type directory? For example, in the diagram
you have there, maybe color the source and destination directory boxes
differently or use hashed lines vs solid? Not sure it will be clear or
confusing once you get into more examples.

Also, it's a nit, but I think oe-init-build-env only creates the Build
Directory if it doesn't already exist.