[yocto] Fwd: Yocto 1.4: Bad behavior between rm_work and packaging causing failures?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jul 9 03:02:32 PDT 2013

Hi Jerrod,

On Monday 08 July 2013 09:25:12 Jerrod Peach wrote:
> Re-sending as we've hit another rash of these issues and it ate up a couple
> days of investigation that still led to no resolution or figuring out how
> to reproduce it.  I'm going to log a bug in a day or so, even though my
> information is incomplete, if no one knows what's going on here and can
> explain how to avoid it (other than turning rm_work off, which I suspect
> would fix the problem but cost us a bunch of disk space as a trade-off).

I haven't seen this, but then I don't often run with rm_work enabled. I have
asked Martin Jansa (the OE rm_work expert, who also made the change you have
pointed to) about it but he has not seen any similar issues in his setup.

I think it's probably worth concentrating on the first issue. I can run some
tests, but the question is are you able to elaborate on what builds might have
been done before the user runs the problem build, and the nature of any
changes that were made between prior builds and the failing build? Are you
adding any custom tasks in your setup at all?

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton