[yocto] Layer input

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 8 08:16:13 PDT 2013

On Friday 28 June 2013 14:36:48 Khem Raj wrote:
> On Jun 28, 2013, at 4:22 AM, "Rifenbark, Scott M"
> <scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com> wrote:
> > I count eight meta-* layers in the YP repositories that don't exist in the
> > OE area.  I understand what you are saying though and I can word it that
> > way to dampen the existence of the "many" differences :)
>
> hmm may be they should be added to layer index. at least the ones which are
> still maintained.

This is down to me, I've been keeping the layer index up-to-date for the
layers on yoctoproject.org. Listing the ones that aren't there, with comments
as to why not:

experimental/meta-darwin
    - ancient, unmaintained, no conf/layer.conf
experimental/meta-m2
    - ancient, unmaintained
experimental/meta-maemo
    - ancient, unmaintained, no conf/layer.conf
experimental/meta-trusted
    - not actively maintained
experimental/meta-x32
    - ancient, we should probably just delete this
meta-dlna
    - replaced by collaboration with meta-guacamayo
meta-extras
    - not usable as a layer, most recipes unbuildable; I'm slowly whittling it
      down as bits of it reappear in OE layers until one day hopefully it'll
      become empty
meta-intel-contrib
    - contrib repo for meta-intel
meta-jarvis
    - joke layer
meta-meson
    - (probably could add)
meta-meson-bsp
    - (probably could add)
meta-minnow
    - (was waiting for hardware availability)
meta-yocto-kernel-extras
    - now submitted to the layer index
meta-zynq
    - status not entirely clear, but seems to have been superseded?

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton