[yocto] Another in a seemingly infinite chain of errors

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 4 23:20:24 PDT 2013

> From: Zhenhua-B19537
>
> FILES_${PN}_append = " xxx" should useful, xxx is the file
> which is listed in the "were installed but not shipped" message.
>
> More info of FILES can be found in

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.ht
ml#var-FILES

Thanks for the quick response.

The problem is that every directory that I create in this one recipe is in
that list, not just the files. This includes things like
/lib/systemd/system.

I have another recipe, which is basically the same as the hello.c example,
except that it is a real program. It works fine without a FILES_${PN}
variable. So what is it about my failing recipe that makes it need a
FILES_${PN} variable? It has no do_compile, just a do_install script with a
bunch of install and ln commands.

By the way, I also notice it says to use things like ${bindir} for standard
directories. Is there a comprehensive list of these anywhere? I don't find
them in the Yocto Dev Manual or Ref Manual.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com