[yocto] sstate-cache clobbering

Trevor Woerner trevor.woerner at linaro.org
Thu Jul 4 05:53:10 PDT 2013

Hi Khem,

On 4 July 2013 01:13, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> hmm you need to compare signatures( bitbake-diffsigs is your friend),
> may be there is a variable that should be added
> to ignore list which is causing unnecessary rebuilds.

Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look.

> secondly, why are you copying sstate, set up a nfssever/http on machine A
> and let it server sstate to machine B via NFS or http

I'm simulating what participants to a training session would be doing.
We're trying to provide a download of the "downloads" directory and
some "sstate-cache" directories (to be downloaded in advance) to help
speed up builds and reduce network use during the session.