[yocto] systemd configuration

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 3 01:30:58 PDT 2013

> From: Paul Eggleton [mailto:paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com]
>
> That's entirely up to what you put into your image. busybox
> should provide a very basic version of "vi" out of the box.

Ah, vi. I guess it's time to learn vi.

> Sure, you can find in the "rootfs" subdirectory of the
> image's WORKDIR (which you can find out using:
>
>  bitbake -e imagename | grep ^WORKDIR=
>
> One way to look at this is to launch a devshell for the image:
>
>  bitbake -c devshell imagename
>
> In 1.4+ using a devshell has the advantage of showing you the correct
> permission/ownership of files within the root filesystem.

For my purpose, the first choice turned out to be sufficient.

> > Or perhaps someone can just tell me what target gets
> > activated on bootup,
> > where its .wants directory is, and what directory I should
> > put my daemon's unit file into.
>
> I'm sure someone more knowledgeable about systemd will pipe
> up with further
> information, but I would suggest looking at other recipes for
> examples. AFAICT
> systemd units for daemons should be installed into
> ${systemd_unitdir}/system.

Turns out I was confused by the fact that there is no multi-user.target
file, since it's just an empty unit. But there is a multi-user.target.wants
directory, so I'm all set.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com