[yocto] what's the best distro to pick for adding packages to yocto

Tim Coote tim+yoctoproject.org at coote.org
Thu Jan 31 03:16:37 PST 2013

Hullo
I'm trying to add a package to yocto (an AMQP implementation). There are various packaged versions, so I started with the one that I'm most familiar (RH). However, it's pretty clear that yocto's not based on that as the initscripts are totally different and missing the framework (there isn't even a /etc/rc.d/init.d, although it looks like there used to be).

What's the best starting point for picking a prepackaged version for a distro? debian? suse?

thanks
Tim