[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Jan 29 15:50:09 PST 2013

Attendees:
Illeana, Nitin, Amit, Richard, ScottR, Belen, BruceA, TomZ, LaurentiuP, Corneliu, Mark, Björn, Kevin, Saul, Ross, AlexG, JessicaZ, BogdanM, DarrenH, SongL.

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto Project 1.3.1 status - 10 min (Ross)
  - Ross: nothing new. We should be doing a build (will work with Saul), then send the build to QA.
  - ScottR: doc changes pulled in? Ross: they are merged.
* Yocto 1.4 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.4_Status
  - M2/M3: All high features are in (LTSI is merged too even though it's been approved by the CCB to be rescheduled to M4. Thanks, Bruce!). Close to get the full pass report on RC1. AlexG: report will be out tomorrow. No high bugs so far, but triage team will do a quick round today, so you may get some new bugs coming your way. If it's high, please make sure we fix them asap. If you cannot get M3 high done, please do let me know today. Send email to me or the mailing list and CC me. Saul: is it possible to have the report before the meeting. AlexG: there was some issue so it's delayed a little today. will try in the future.
 - Bug fixing: a little better than last week. But still high on # of open bugs. Fixed 41, Richard (7), Nitin (5). Good work, team!
  - M4: Thanks to the team. planning is pretty much complete. Cristian, Mihai need to move some M3 features, Saul/ScottG have M3 medium+ too.
  - Nitin, what are the M4 dates? feature cutoff: 2/17/2013, RC1: 2/20/2013
  - Milestone planning is our opportunity to look at features on schedule closer, and adjust estimation if necessary. We want the estimation to reflect our current view on features.

* SWAT team rotation: Bogdan Marinescu -> Laurentiu Palcu

* Opens - 10 min
  - Bjorn: kernel configuration. I have been working with a couple of meta layers, many of them have their own kernels. With the recent kernel manual out, wondering if we can create some unified kernel configuration, make something that can be migrated to other layers. Anyone has been thinking about this?
  . Bruce: There are some existing things we can use. I have some changes for 1.4 coming up, could be the next step for this unified kernel config. Darren: please send email to the mailing list and CC darren and bruce. There are 2 config options we can choose from: traditional linux config and linux-yocto tooling.
  . This can be discussed in the mailing list.
  - Corneliu: 2821:Saul: it's related to proxy, we thought it was resolved. We should work with Michael on this. Corneliu: What's the procedure we should follow before we resolve it, can we disable the error in the testcase?. Song: It's medium bug, no others seem to be able to chime in. Take offline with Saul please.

* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - RP: Doing some performance work, looking at package build again. Sometime pretty slow. Particular on large packages. large number of packages from some recipes. Kernel packaging in particular: a number of kernel modules and large number of packages. Profiling tasks. Digging through output, where is the bottleneck and what is low hanging fruit. One case: code is working, but calling something inefficiently. We need ideas how to improve the packaging. There are definitely some optimization we can do. Wondering if we can parallel the packaging. Open to ideas. Will speak on the mailing list on this.
  - Bjorn: this is something I'm interested.