[yocto] are separate -sdk image targets necessary Was: Build external module against Yocto kernel

Zhang, Jessica jessica.zhang at intel.com
Wed Jan 23 16:39:09 PST 2013

Hi Trevor,

-c populate_sdk will generate a SDK that matches the target image, while an -sdk image allows people to use it to boot up device and do development work on target as you can see in the requirements of bug 1614. The other usage of an -sdk image is to extract its rootfs and use it as your cross development sysroot, if you want to use your toolchain against different sysroot(s).

Thanks,
Jessica