[yocto] [meta-ivi][meta-fsl-arm] Kernel AF_BUS dependency?

Behrens, Holger Holger.Behrens at windriver.com
Tue Jan 22 23:09:47 PST 2013

Hi Adrian,

> Hi Holger, Florin
>
> I'm building excalibur-image from meta-ivi and I can't login to the system
> See: http://pastebin.com/fRUJsaae
>
> Two issues:
>
> systemd-random-seed-load service, here probably I'm missing in my kernel
> config to enable
> random number support.
>
> the second is about D-Bus
>
> "Failed to listen on D-Bus System Message Bus Socket"
>
> My question
>
> Do I need AF BUS kernel patch ?
>
> 0001-net-bus-add-the-AF_BUS-socket-address-family.patch
>
> The kernel that I'm using is kernel version 3.0.35.

You may look into the (systemd) journal, it may point to the problem at hand, like a missing file, access rights, or kernel configuration required.

For D-Bus to work you won't need the AF_BUS patch series, it should work without.  It is not GENIVI compliant, but it must work without.

Regards,
Holger