[yocto] Adding ALSA to the Yocto SDK

Patrick Turley PatrickTurley at gamestop.com
Mon Jan 21 15:16:11 PST 2013

On Jan 21, 2013, at 4:35 PM, "Zhang, Jessica" <jessica.zhang at intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Since you're able to add the dev packages to images, just do bitbake yourimagewithALSA -c populate_sdk, that should generate a SDK contains ALSA.  By default, meta-toolchain-sdk is predefined unless you use "-c populate_sdk" to enforce the SDK sysroot to match your rootfs.

All the clues rolling in are starting to knit together.

At first, I regarded the "populate_sdk" task as a hack, since it seemed to be expressing something that was naturally a "target" -- not a "task."

Now I see that it is a way to connect an image to a corresponding SDK. That makes a *lot* more sense.