[yocto] Raspberry Pi do_fetch failure

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Jan 16 06:10:39 PST 2013

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, Alex J Lennon wrote:

> On 16/01/2013 13:59, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > > I've just tried it and it is still failing -
> > >
> > > WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
> > > git://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git;protocol=git;branch=rpi-3.2.27,
> > > attempting MIRRORS if available
> > > ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
> > > Cloning into bare repository
> > > '/data_drive/RPiMonoSmoke/yoctoProject/raspberryPiBuild/downloads/git2/github.com.raspberrypi.linux.git'...
> > >
> > > fatal: read error: Connection timed out
> > > fatal: early EOF
> > > fatal: index-pack failed
> > >
> > > ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL:
> > > 'git://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git;protocol=git;branch=rpi-3.2.27'.
> > > Unable to fetch URL from any source.
> >    github has been particularly annoying with respect to this lately.
> > my workaround is to simply clone what you need manually, then tweak
> > the recipe thusly to point at your local repo:
> >
> > SRCREV = "10182a3bc434b27740f81c2b836a1af943060241"
> > SRC_URI =
> > "git:///home/rpjday/oe/dist/t/linux;protocol=git;branch=rpi-3.2.27 \
> >            "
> >
> >    yes, it's hacky, but it lets me get back to work.  sure be nice when
> > this silliness is resolved.
> >
> > rday
> >

> Thanks Robert. I've got an archive I can use but wanted to see if it was
> working yet.

  wait a minute, what i wrote above can't be right, i have a wiki page
for this:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Building_basic_RPi_image

which shows my recipe mods to look like:

-SRC_URI = "git://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git;protocol=git;branch=rpi-3.2.27 \
+SRC_URI = "git:///home/rpjday/oe/dist/t/linux;protocol=file;branch=rpi-3.2.27 \

not sure where i got the earlier stuff i posted.

> I think the fetcher archives up the retrieved git repo into a
> .tar.gz doesn't it in the downloads directory? Would it not help if
> those tarballs were mirrored so the fetcher could fall back on the
> mirror?

  my setup always creates tarballs from whatever is fetched so, once
that's done, i always end up using local tarballs.  i have a wiki page
which explains how to create your own local mirror of tarballs:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/OE_Creating_your_%22own_mirror%22

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca