[yocto] Raspberry Pi do_fetch failure

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 05:45:42 PST 2013

On 16/01/2013 05:45, Ed Nelson wrote:
> I finally got a response back from github ....
>
> Hi Ed,
>
> We tracked the issue down to an internal network timeout (it only
> happens when `--quiet` is used, because git is silent on the network
> while preparing the clone in that case). We've bumped up the limit,
> and you should be able to clone now. Please let us know if you have
> any more trouble.

> I have not tried it yet but hopefully they fixed the problem

I've just tried it and it is still failing -

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
git://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git;protocol=git;branch=rpi-3.2.27,
attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
Cloning into bare repository
'/data_drive/RPiMonoSmoke/yoctoProject/raspberryPiBuild/downloads/git2/github.com.raspberrypi.linux.git'...

fatal: read error: Connection timed out
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL:
'git://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git;protocol=git;branch=rpi-3.2.27'.
Unable to fetch URL from any source.

Alex