[yocto] Busybox still old version: Still looking for a clear understanding of an old mystery.

Brian Smucker bds at bsmucker.eu.org
Tue Jan 15 15:57:27 PST 2013

Hi Rudolf,

On 1/15/2013 3:28 PM, Rudolf Streif wrote:

> Brian,
>
> What are you exactly referring to as "new version"? The package
> version that bitbake builds is defined by the recipe, through the
> version designation in the recipe's file name or through explicitly
> setting PV.
>
> I think what you are trying to do is to modify the busybox
> configuration and then recompile and package. Bitbake will not
> automatically recompile after menuconfig. Menuconfig does not
> invslidate the shared state cache. Try this:
>
> bitbake -c menuconfig busybox
> bitbake -c -f compile busybox
> bitbake busybox

So I have done the above.  That is not the question.  Busybox compiles
fine and the new unstripped busybox is in the
.../yocto/tmp/work/armv4t-poky-linux-gnueabi/busybox-1.20.2-r2/busybox-1.20.2/

My question is that after compiling busybox, I do

bitbake -c cleansstate core-image-minimal
bitbake core-image-minimal

expecting that the core image generated will contain the new busybox.
It does not, it contains a busybox copy that was compiled days ago, not
the custom one I just compiled.

Why is this?  How can I force the bitbake to include the newly-compiled
busybox into my minimal image?

Thanks,

Brian