[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Jan 15 12:04:43 PST 2013

Attendees:
Ciby (Mentor), Jessica, Sean, MarkH, ChrisL, ChrisK, ScottG, TomZ, KevinS, ScottR, BruceA, Corneliu, Saul, Nitin, JeffP, DaveST, BjörnS, Song

Agenda:

-- Thanks to Saul for covering me while I was on vacation.

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto Project 1.2.2 status - 10 min (Scott/AlexG)
  - ScottG:has gone through full pass QA testing. All the issues can be release noted. No blockers.
  - Song: listed all the know issues in the IRC channel. No Special concerns from the audience.
  - Saul: More patches from Koen (4), what can we do? Sean/Saul: Suggest to make them available, get them to the tip of the denzil branches. But Moving forward with the plan. Wrapping up 1.2.2.
  - Song: QA complete, no concerns or blockers. Move ahead with 1.2.2 release. Song will send CCB email asking for approval.

* Yocto Project 1.3.1 status - 10 min :
  - Saul: patches are integrated. Ready for QA test.
  - Song: QA will be done after 1.4 M2/M3 release. If anyone would like to suggest more patches, please let Ross (ross.burton at intel.com) know.
  -
* Yocto 1.4 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.4_Status#Overview

  - Bug fixing: resolved 51 last week. Thanks to Otavio Salvador (4) from the community (Ossystems.com.br), ScottG (11). Good work and thank you all.
  - Feature development (M2/3 cutoff is this coming Sunday):
    . SMART updater/Mark: code is there and working, a couple of bugs, a couple of performance issues related to incremental install and complimentary install. Opening bugs to track them in Bugzilla. Other than those. Everything is working.
    .systemd/Saul: patches pending, reworked a little bit. There are still some issues. Trying to get this done by the end of this week.
    .wayland/Saul: 3 patches pending, dependency issues. Saul will touch base with Ross to get the status, hope to resolve this feature by the end of this week.
    . LTSI (Bruce): still underway, pending. Cannot be done for M3.
    . Song: QA is working on the test plan for the above features. Please expect working with QA.
    . Mater status/Saul: RP pulled in last set of consolidated patches. Hoping to have a weekly build, and then full QA. Build will be available sometime tomorrow (RO/PRC time).

* SWAT team rotation: Radu Moisan -> Constantin Musca

* Opens - 10 min
 - ChrisK: Design firm Tobias & Tobias are helping with the design of a web UI for analysing builds and images. They are looking for people willing to test & give feedback on an early-stage design prototype. Interviews will be conducted via phone or Skype and take about 30 minutes.
    . If you can participate, please email: chris.kaminski at tobias.tv
  - Bjorn: x-test and x-ptest. have been working on the ptest framework. A week ago, it was merged. But a different approache has been merged. It's better if we could have only one way.
    . Saul: this is an oversight. ptest should be the way. Will contact Kai Kang to sort this out.
    . Bjorn has a wiki page for this framework: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Ptest

* Team Sharing - 20 min
 - ScottR: url: http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html. People can go here to see the kernel development manual. Also sent an email to the yp mailing list.
 - Corneliu: tesopia is in its final version. Is a new testcase management platform we are going to use from now on. Feel free to ask me if there is any questions:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Testopia. Will be adding SMART testcases today. Remove zypper testcases. All existing testcases are there.
- Michael: reinstall OS on AB 3/7/9. new OSes and better support. HW error happening and been corrected. Added webhob mailing list. Working on testopia integration. Had some slight changes and extra testing. Corneliu working with me. This week will continue. YP dev day assistant. More information and organization on the web site BSP page.
  - Sean/ScottG/Saul: Yocto Dev day: small budget issue, plan still in the work. Will go ahead with the dev day, but likely no hands-on lab, will have small focus group discussions. Build system will be setup on individual laptop, etc.