[yocto] SRCPV description

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 08:18:36 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:10:58AM -0500, Jerrod Peach wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Rifenbark, Scott M <
> scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need a description of the SRCPV variable for the YP reference glossary.
> >  I have been told that it is generated and not assigned and that it is used
> > to define PV values that include the source revisions from an RCS.  By
> > default it is set to the following in the conf/bitbake.conf file:
> >
> > SRCPV = "${@bb.fetch2.get_srcrev(d)}"
> >
> > Can anyone provide more information on this variable?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Scott
> >

> > Scott Rifenbark
> > Intel Corporation
> > Yocto Project Documentation
> > 503.712.2702
> > 503.341.0418 (cell)

> Scott,
>
> Off the top of my head, I know SRCPV is a combination of the VCS type and
> revision used in the actual build. Most interestingly, SRCPV will always
> contain the real revision used in the build, even if ${AUTOREV} is
> specified as the SRCREV for a given package. Note that if a package does
> not include SRCPV somewhere within its recipe, I believe setting SRCREV to
> ${AUTOREV} will have no effect, as ${AUTOREV} by itself simply resolves to
> the string "AUTOINC", which does not permute the hash of the recipe.
>
> Note that I'm not really a Yocto expert nor am I sitting with the code in
> front of me right now, so someone can jump in if I missed something or got
> a detail incorrect.  I don't remember the exact format of the string, but I
> want to say its a combination of the VCS name, a Yocto-internal VCS
> identification number (just like 1 or 2, not some huge int), and the
> revision (be it a hash it git or an integer in SVN or whatever else is used
> by a supported VCS).

There isn't VCS type in SRCPV (that's why there is always prefix like
1.0+git${SRCPV}, 1.0+svn${SRCPV}). Some recipes even in oe-core are
using wrong prefix like -git or ~git:
meta/recipes-connectivity/ofono/ofono_git.bb:PV  = "0.12-git${SRCPV}"
meta/recipes-extended/libzypp/libzypp_git.bb:PV = "0.0-git${SRCPV}"
meta/recipes-extended/sat-solver/sat-solver_git.bb:PV = "0.0-git${SRCPV}"
meta/recipes-extended/zypper/zypper_git.bb:PV = "1.5.3-git${SRCPV}"
meta/recipes-graphics/mesa/mesa-git.inc:PV = "9.1~git${SRCPV}"

And +git/+gitr, +svn/+svnr prefixes are inconsistently used.

AUTOINC is used instead of LOCALCOUNT only after
http://git.openembedded.org/bitbake/commit/?id=61cf01c5c236b4218f40cfae7c059c2b86765dbd

And AUTOREV should expand to latest revision in SRCREV even without
SRCPV in recipe (SRCPV is already used in bitbake.conf
meta/conf/bitbake.conf:SRCPV = "${@bb.fetch2.get_srcrev(d)}").

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com