[yocto] gcov on target

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Fri Jan 11 02:24:47 PST 2013

Hi,

I use Yocto Project, 1.3 "danny" for a beagle-xm and would like to show
kernel code coverage with a core-image-sato-sdk.
This image is pretty complete. Unfortunately there is no gcov available
on the target.

It looks like it's only built for the host.

Did someone manage to build/run gcov for an armv7a?
... or let's put it otherwise: Why doesn't it exist on the target?

Regards,

Robert...The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts
agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer
professionals. We cause accidents.

My public pgp key is available,at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1