[yocto] Raspberry Pi do_fetch failure

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Jan 7 10:07:00 PST 2013

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013, Alex J Lennon wrote:

> On 07/01/2013 17:53, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
> > fatal: early EOF
> > fatal: index-pack failed
>
> fwiw there's a note here which relates to Cygwin:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2505644/git-checking-out-problem-fatal-early-eofs
>
> I wonder if it might be worth trying the compression setting to see if
> that helps (less than ideal I know)
>
> git config --add core.compression -1

  i'm just heading out for a bit, i'll give that a shot when i get
home (unless someone else wants to try it first).  but FWIW, i've had
fetching issues before with kernel source for other builds -- it's not
like raspberry pi is the only configuration where i've seen this
error.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca