[yocto] meta-cedartrail - where is grub configured for 'install' option?

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 7 08:44:52 PST 2013

On 12/09/2012 01:39 PM, Chris Tapp wrote:
> I am trying to change the 'install' behaviour for the meta-cedartrail image so that the installed system has a different grub.cfg file. Is there a file I can bbappend to achieve this?
>
> image_live.bbclass refers to the 'install' syslinux label that triggers the install, but I've not been able to get from this to how/where grub.cfg is created.

This is currently rather crudely implemented here:

meta/recipes-core/initrdscripts/files/init-install.sh

A better deployment mechanism is something being discussed and which
should make this more configurable.

For now, you could bbappend initramfs-live-install_1.0.bb and replace the
init-install.sh script with your own.

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center