[yocto] Bitbake and task offloading onto multiple cloud-based servers

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 12:56:16 PST 2013

Can anybody advise on whether bitbake currently supports offloading of
build tasks onto multiple systems? Perhaps cloud based?

I'm thinking that it would be more efficient for me if I could bring up
a number of Amazon EC2 servers (or similar) then have bitbake
parallelise the build onto those servers to significantly reduce my
build times?

I see bitbake supports a level of task parallelisation on a single box.

Can parallelisation of build onto multiple systems be achieved?

Is it something that should even be a goal?

Cheers,

Alex